If you do decide to have a cheat day, it’s important to do so in moderation and be mindful of your carbohydrate intake. Try to limit your carb intake to around 50-100 grams, and focus on consuming healthy, whole food sources of carbohydrates, such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
However, it’s worth noting that some people find that having a cheat day can trigger cravings and make it more difficult to stick to the keto diet long-term. So, if you do choose to have a cheat day, make sure it’s a conscious decision and not just an impulse. It’s also important to listen to your body and pay attention to how you feel after your cheat day – if you feel sluggish or have digestive issues, it may be a sign that the cheat day wasn’t worth it.
What foods can we consume large portions on the keto diet?
On the keto diet, you can consume large portions of foods that are low in carbohydrates and high in fat. Here are some examples:
- Non-starchy vegetables: Vegetables that are low in carbs and high in fiber are great for the keto diet. Examples include broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, kale, and other leafy greens. You can eat large portions of these vegetables without worrying about exceeding your carb limit.
- Meat and poultry: Meat and poultry are excellent sources of protein and fat, which make them great for the keto diet. You can eat large portions of beef, chicken, pork, lamb, and other meats without worrying about exceeding your carb limit.
- Fish and seafood: Fish and seafood are also great sources of protein and healthy fats. You can eat large portions of fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, and sardines without worrying about exceeding your carb limit.
- Eggs: Eggs are a great source of protein and healthy fats. You can eat eggs in large quantities without worrying about exceeding your carb limit.
- Cheese and other dairy products: Cheese and other dairy products are high in fat and protein and low in carbs. You can eat cheese and other dairy products in large quantities without worrying about exceeding your carb limit.
It’s important to note that while you can eat large portions of these foods, you should still be mindful of your overall calorie intake. Consuming too many calories, even from low-carb, high-fat foods, can still lead to weight gain.